If the identification document that you bring with you on test day does not meet the following requirements, you will not be allowed to take the test, and you will not be able to transfer your test or receive a refund:
- Your identification document must be the same one you used to register for the test. It must match the registration details you entered during registration, including full name and document number.
- Your identification document must be original. Photocopies of identification are not acceptable.
- Your identification document must be valid.
- Your identification document must be unexpired.
Acceptable identification for the CAEL Test:
- Passport booklet
- Canadian permanent resident card
- Canadian provincial driver’s license
- Canadian provincial identification card
- British Columbia Services Card
- Refugee Protection Claimant Document*
- Travel Document*
*Refugee Protection Claimant Documents and Travel Documents must be pre-approved by our office every time you register for a test. For approval, please send a scan or picture of your document by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Refugee Protection Claimant Documents and Travel Documents that are not pre-approved by our office may not be accepted on test day. No refunds or transfers will be given for refused entries.
Unacceptable identification includes:
- Any expired document
- Any photocopied document
- Passport card
- Canadian health card
- Social security card
- Social insurance card
- Employee identification card
- Student identification card
- Notary-prepared letter or document
- Credit card of any type
IMPORTANT: Test takers who do not provide their valid identification during check-in at the test sitting will be refused entry to the test and will not be eligible for a refund or transfer.
If you registered for the CAEL Test with a passport booklet, we recommend that you do not send it away for any reason (i.e., extensions or visa renewals) before your scheduled test date. If you are required to do so, please send away your passport booklet after you have taken the test or before you register for the test. If you do not provide your passport booklet or the identification document that you registered with at the test sitting, you will be refused entry to the test and no refunds or transfers will be given.
If you have any questions about acceptable identification, please contact us or email us at email@example.com.